Join us on Friday, May 18 for COPPUL’s first annual Scholarly Communications Regional Training Day at MacEwan University in Edmonton, Alberta.
The day will feature a number of talks, panels, and activities, and will be preceded by an informal meetup at the University of Alberta on the afternoon of May 17.
Registration has now closed. Materials from the event will be posted to this site shortly after May 18. Please let us know if you are registered but unable to attend. Email: email@example.com
See the detailed program for session information.
Thursday, May 17, 2018 – Meetup + Dinner
Room 2-05B Rutherford South, University of Alberta [map]
- 1PM – 4PM Join us for an informal meetup and share what you’re working on in various areas of scholarly communications.
- 1PM Introductions.
- 1:30PM Breakout group discussions (includes coffee break).
- 3:45PM Wrap up and information about the Canadian Scholarly Communications Community of Practice: what it is and how to get involved.
- 5:30PM – 7:00PM Join us for dinner at Parlour [map]. Note: Dinner costs are not covered by COPPUL.
Friday, May 18, 2018– Training Day
Room 7-142 City Centre Campus, MacEwan University [map]
- 8:30AM – 9AM Registration.
- 9AM – 4PM Workshops, panels, talks and more.
Getting to Edmonton
Most major airlines fly to Edmonton, including Air Canada and WestJet. If flying with WestJet, make sure to use coupon code CDBBBWT for 10% off of flights arriving in Edmonton between May 10 – May 25.
Getting to and from the airport:
- Sky Shuttle Service: $18 each way or $30 round trip; book in advance.
- Taxis: Fares range from $50-$60 to downtown.
- Public transit: Route 747 (schedule) travels between the airport and Century Park Transit Centre. A one-way trip is $5. From Century Park take the LRT (light rail transit). The LRT costs an additional, standard transit fare of $3.25.
The meetup on May 17 will be held in room 2-05B of Rutherford South at the University of Alberta [map]. If staying downtown, this is a short trip away on public transit ($3.25/adult). Plan your trip using ETS Trip Planner or Google Maps.
* Make sure to check out CAUBO for possible deals and discounts.